Vaio Armaron 2012 Amarone della Valpolicella Masi DOCG
The Vaio Armaron Serego Alighieri Amarone della Valpolicella Classico from deep ruby red color and intense, complex and fruity smell and taste that gives an illusion of sweetness in the taste of red fruits like cherries and berries with vanilla and spices cinnamon
- Vaio Armaron Serego Alighieri
- Amarone della Valpolicella classico DOC
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara clone Serego Alighieri
- 15,50% vol.
- Ageing potential
- It also ages 25-30 years in the right storage conditions
- Dante Alighieri lived in Verona some years of his exile. His son Pietro decided to stay there, acquiring the possession in 1353
- Serving temperature
- 18 °C
- Excellent with red meats, roasts, birds and tasty dishes. Also perfect with seasoned and spicy cheeses such as parmesan or pecorino. Big and rich wine at the end of the meal
- 0,75 l.
- Intense ruby red, deep and brilliant at the same time
- Very complex, appreciated by a more careful nose. Hints of overripe cherries and cooked plums
- Strong 'illusion of sweetness' with aromas of red fruits, in particular cherry and berries. Spiced to the right point with cinnamon and vanilla flavors
The name Masi derives from "Vaio dei Masi", name of a valley acquired in the late nineteenth century by the Boscaini family, still owner of the company. The history of Masi dates back to 1772 and is rooted in the most genuine and authentic Venetian tradition. Their most true and representative motto is: "saver making and making saver" or "knowing how to do and spread knowledge". It is no coincidence that the Agricola Masi is recognized as one of the wineries most attentive to the preservation of old native vines in danger of extinction such as the Oseleta and traditional Venetian viticulture techniques. The great merit of Masi has been that of updating itself year after year, of improving more and more the quality of its bottles, of confirming itself as a reality of the highest level in the world of wine. Thanks to this unquestionable ability, today we can taste the fine quality of the Masi bottles, starting from a wide range of Amarone, a true symbol of our land, a Veneto that has now reached the top of Italian wine production. The work of the Masi Technical Group aims at guaranteeing quality over time: considered and targeted use of aging woods, reformulation of the tradition of drying and attainment of the highest innovative and technological standards in the vinification phase, are just a few examples. Not only Amarone: Masi also means excellent red wines based on typical grape varieties such as Corvina and Rondinella. Today, the Masi winery also owns two estates in Tuscany and Argentina in the Tupungato Valley, with the desire to transfer the know-how matured over time, well beyond national borders. This fact fully confirms the innovative mentality of the Boscaini family, which cleverly combines its link with the Veneto region with a great ability to keep up with the times: this is the recipe that allows us today to appreciate the bottles signed by Masi. A variety of Amarone and reds of remarkable quality. A true institution in the world of Amarone that is worth knowing and tasting!