Terre Alte Rosazzo 2018 Livio Felluga DOC
Terre Alte by Livio Felluga is a Rosazzo produced in Friuli Venezia Giulia. Born in 1981 and considered one of the most prestigious Italian white wines. The harmonious blend of Friulano, Pinot Bianco and Sauvignon grapes, grown in Rosazzo in the historic Terre Alte vineyards, creates an elegant and rich wine with intense fruity and floral aromas. It is a wine of great structure and with aging acquires a highly complex tertiary evolution
- Terre Alte
- Grape variety
- Friulan White, Pinot and Sauvignon
- Type of soil
- Flysch of marls and sandstones of Eocene origin
- Type of harvest
- Harvest Time
- First and second ten days of September
- The grapes are delicately de-stemmed and left to macerate for a short period. Then it is softly pressed and the must obtained is clarified by decantation. Pinot Bianco and Sauvignon ferment at controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks where the Friulano ripen for about ten months. instead, it is fermented and aged in small French oak barrels
- Aging of wine
- Pinot Bianco and Sauvignon ripen in stainless steel tanks while the Friulano remains in small oak barrels After a period of ten months the assemblage of the wines takes place The bottled wine has been aged in temperature-controlled rooms for about nine months
- Gambero Rosso
- 3 glasses
- Serving temperature
- 12-14 °C
- Particolarmente indicato per i piatti di pesce, eccellente con i primi a base di verdure, le carni bianche e i Particularly suitable for fish dishes, excellent with the first based on vegetables, white meats and cheesesformaggi
- 0,75 l.
- Intense straw yellow
- Bewitching, intense, mineral, penetrating and complex. Wine of great personality
- Full, enveloping, deep, harmonious, savory. The intriguing aftertaste, rich and persistent, with hints of sage, vanilla, rosemary and wet stone ...
HISTORY AND COMPANY
A unique name in the Italian productive panorama, as well as a symbol of a region and its wines, it is easy to understand how the story of Livio Felluga is intertwined with that of a whole territory. This story has as its protagonist a family that survived two world wars, which witnessed the change of the borders around it, and then decided to settle on the sweet buttresses of the Friuli hills. It is here that, not far from Cormòns in the province of Gorizia, Livio Felluga had to undertake a new battle to revive the hill, convinced that only the rebirth of quality cultivation could bring life back to the Friuli countryside. With great courage he began to rearrange the old vineyards and plant new ones, introducing innovative ideas and methods. A hard job, made of stubbornness and passion, which will lead him over the years to create one of the most beautiful and significant business realities of the Peninsula, acquiring rightfully the title unanimously recognized as the founder of the Friulian wine tradition. Currently the company can count on a vast area planted with vines, which from the Collio appellation to the Colli Orientali del Friuli, covers about 155 hectares. In the vineyard, the varieties we meet are both indigenous and international, so we have Friulian and Pinot Bianco, Chardonnay and Ribolla Gialla, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris, Picolit and Refosco, Pignolo and Merlot . Grapes that are transformed into what are now called the "wines of the geographical map", always reproduced on the label and depicting an old map of the farms. And then here come to life the "Vertigo", the "Nuaré" and the "Sharis", then gradually all the others, up to the "Terre Alte": wines from a winery that still today shines for quality and for the territorial character it succeeds in expressing, a veritable ambassador of the best Friulian whites - and therefore Italians - all over the world.