Terrazze di Levante 2016 Rossodi Ischia Cantine Antonio Mazzella DOC
- Vigna di Levante Ischia rosso
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- Guarnaccia, Piedirosso e Aglianico
- In red of Guarnaccia, Piedirosso and Aglianico grapes (15%) maceration of the skins with must for 5 to 6 days and control of the fermentation temperature
- Aging of wine
- In steel, with a permanence in the same up to 12 months, after which further aging in French oak barrels for another 8 months and finally in the bottle
- 12,00% vol.
- Serving temperature
- 12-14 °C
- Perfect with dishes based on red meats and game
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red
- Hints of red fruit with light nuances of spicy
- Rightly tannic
Three generations, a past full of sacrifices and commitment, this is the story of the Antonio Mazzella cellars. Founded by Nicola in 1940 and expanded and perfected by Antonio, the founder's son. The production areas of this company are located on the south side of the island of Ischia at about 150 meters above sea level, the roads and land conditions are not the most comfortable for the cultivation of vineyards. The cultivation lands are reachable only on foot by means of ancient paths, this makes the care of the vines even more difficult and contributes to making these products unique. But with the time and constant commitment of the Mazzella family, these arid and abandoned areas have become flourishing and productive. The harvesting, crushing and pressing of the grapes are carried out by hand, after which the must is left to mature in ancient cellars dug into the soft tufa rock where it will remain until bottling.