Talò Primitivo di Manduria 2016 Cantine San Marzano DOP
- Talò Primitivo di Manduria
- Primitivo Puglia DOP
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- San Marzano
- Grape variety
- 100% Primitivo
- 100 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- The soil layer is clayey and quite thin, with a good presence of rocks
- Plant density
- 5000 plants/ha
- High average temperatures and medium-low rainfall
- Harvest Time
- Second week of September
- Thermo-controlled maceration for about 10 days, followed by the alcoholic fermentation with selected yeasts
- Aging of wine
- In French and American wood barrels for 6 months
- 14,50% vol.
- Ageing potential
- A wine that preserves its organoleptic characteristics for 5 years
- Serving temperature
- 16-18 °C
- Savoury first courses, lamb and game with rich sauces, hard cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red colour enriched with violet reflections
- Generous bouquet, which recalls ripe cherries and plums, with pleasant notes of cocoa and vanilla
- This wine has a velvety texture, softened by the warmth of the Primitivo grapes; the finish offers notes of persistent sweetness
HISTORY AND COMPANY
1962: THE FATHERS
San Marzano is a small town in the center of the Primitivo di Manduria doc, a strip of land kissed by the two seas in Salento, the Ionian and the Adriatic. In 1962 the doc was not born yet, the Primitivo di Manduria is far from being that cult wine, as it has become for wine lovers. Yet 19 winemakers come together to follow a dream and establish Cantine San Marzano.
1982: PRIMUS INTER PARES
Francesco Cavallo, a volcanic and visionary personality, is appointed President of the C.d.A, who continues to dream of the future and monitor the present of the cellar. Until now, he is the true helmsman of our reality.
1996: THE FIRST BOTTLES
The first bottles finally come out of the cellar, thanks to a modern bottling plant purchased with the commitment of the members. This purchase marks the transition from the commodity to the brand, from the bulk economy to the direct relationship with the end consumer.
"... Making a wine like the one our fathers used to make and making it new and contemporary ..." With this aim, the Sixties Primitivo di Manduria Dop was born, one of the iconic labels of the company that gathers the essence of the San Marzano philosophy. A wine that tells the spirit of local viticulture, the most expressive result of this millennia-old love between our people and the Primitivo grape in this land, which has become a new "classic", the forefather and example internationally more loved and imitated, than a new way of making wine.
2015: MASSERIA SAMIA
"... The best grape is that which we have not yet harvested ...". A stone's throw from the Ionian Sea, Masseria Samia, is a place of work and story. As often happens when we talk about a project of Cantine San Marzano, this masseria is the container of many contents, finite and infinite: it is a typical farm of the Ionian coast of the XVI century, protagonist of a respectful and conservative restoration; is a sustainable vineyard, dedicated to research on minor clones of known native vines and on those almost forgotten. It will be our home open to our guests and friends and the ideal place to tell our story through training and information on wine and cooking. It will be a Mediterranean garden immersed in silence, in which paths intersect between trees, flowers and herbs of our Mediterranean flora. Finally, it is the place where we share our idea of wine and beauty through the story.