SurSur 2017 Donnafugata DOP
SurSur that intercommunication in the language Arabic means "cricket" is the infamous single variety of Donnafugata, produced with carefully selected grapes Grillo. Turns out to be a perfect wine for every meal, but also great to ber with friends
- Grillo DOP
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 100% Grillo
- 100-200 mt s.l.
- Type of soil
- Franco-clayey, with a sub-alkaline reaction. Soil rich in nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, magnese, zinc
- System of cultivation
- Counter-espalier with Guyot pruning system, leaving about 6-10 buds for each plant
- Plant density
- 3.500-4.500 plants/ha.
- Type of harvest
- Manual, with careful selection of grapes
- Yield per hectare
- 80 q.ls/ha.
- Fermentation in stainless steel at a controlled temperature
- Aging of wine
- In cement tanks for a few months and then for a couple of months in bottle before release
- 13,00% vol.
- Total acidity
- 5,3 g/l
- Ageing potential
- 3-4 years, in the right storage conditions
- 0,75 l.
- Sparkling straw yellow
- Fresh, fruity at the right point with hints of peach and grapefruit, combined with notes of aromatic herbs
- Soft, clean, very pleasant, with a perfect balance of flavor
The essence of Donnafugata
We want to offer the world wines that stand out for their pleasantness and complexity, wines capable of convincing and making those who taste them happy. We want to represent the excellence of Made in Italy, the dialogue between art, wine and sustainability.
What do we do
Donnafugata is tailoring. We produce a range of eclectic and coherent wines with respect for the environment. Representative wines of an innovative Sicily.
Why choose us
Those who choose our wines will have the certainty of tasting a high quality, sustainable and memorable Italian product. It can be won over by the beauty of the labels, the reliability of the brand and the passion that sets us apart.
He will enter the world and the colors of Donnafugata.
Donnafugata was born in Sicily from the initiative of a family that with great passion innovated the style and perception of Sicilian wine in the world.
The name Donnafugata refers to the novel by Tomasi di Lampedusa the Leopard. A name that means "woman on the run" and refers to the story of a queen who found refuge in that part of Sicily where the company vineyards are today. A story that inspired the company logo: the image of a woman's head with hair in the wind that stands out on every bottle.