Sedàra 2014 Donnafugata Sicilia DOC
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- Nero d'Avola, prevailing vine, in blend with selection of other grapes
- Type of soil
- Di medio impasto
- System of cultivation
- Controspalliera with spurred cordon pruning
- Plant density
- 5000 plants/ha
- Yield per hectare
- 85 q.ls
- Le uve vengono vinificate in acciaio, con macerazione sulle bucce per circa 10 giorni, alla temperatura di 26-30 °C A fermentazione malolattica svolta, il vino affina circa 9 mesi in vasi vinari di cemento Segue l'affinamento in bottiglia per almeno altri 3 mesi
- Recommended glass
- Medium-sized goblet
- Serving temperature
- 16-18 °C
- To combine with pasta dishes with meat sauces, elaborate baked pasta and red meats
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red with very vivid garnet shades
- Intense, face on sensations of tobacco, spices and mineral notes
- Balanced which brings to the palate the red fruit, precisely the blackberry and the marasca Closes with good persistence
The essence of Donnafugata
We want to offer the world wines that stand out for their pleasantness and complexity, wines capable of convincing and making those who taste them happy. We want to represent the excellence of Made in Italy, the dialogue between art, wine and sustainability.
What do we do
Donnafugata is tailoring. We produce a range of eclectic and coherent wines with respect for the environment. Representative wines of an innovative Sicily.
Why choose us
Those who choose our wines will have the certainty of tasting a high quality, sustainable and memorable Italian product. It can be won over by the beauty of the labels, the reliability of the brand and the passion that sets us apart.
He will enter the world and the colors of Donnafugata.
Donnafugata was born in Sicily from the initiative of a family that with great passion innovated the style and perception of Sicilian wine in the world.
The name Donnafugata refers to the novel by Tomasi di Lampedusa the Leopard. A name that means "woman on the run" and refers to the story of a queen who found refuge in that part of Sicily where the company vineyards are today. A story that inspired the company logo: the image of a woman's head with hair in the wind that stands out on every bottle.