Satrico 2019 Casale del Giglio Bianco Lazio IGT
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 40% Chardonnay, 40% Sauvignon e 20% TrebbianoGiallo
- After careful selection, the grapes are vinified with soft squeezing, separating the grape must from the skins. Fermentation at controlled temperature, slow but continuous, and lasts for about 7-8 days. After the normal flow, the new wine completes its maturing process in the tank and is bottled at the beginning of the year
- With hors d'oeuvres and steam fish dishes
- 0,75 l.
- Straw yellow, very bright
- Of considerable intensity and persistence,Slightly aromatic, citrus and mineral
- Dry, elegant and good taste-olfactory responsiveness, good minerality, sapid, long in the closure
THE HISTORY AND THE COMPANY
For Antonio Santarelli Casale del Giglio was the family estate where he spent weekends as a child and then tried the first motorbike rides. But when, at the age of twenty-five, he began to collaborate with his father Dino in the company, he warned that those reclaimed lands in the Agro Pontino are a virgin area on which to try everything New as possible. The absence of an oenological past thus becomes the decisive stimulus towards the maximum degree of innovative freedom.He calls beside him ampelographers and university researchers and in 1985, with his father Dino, he gives life to a project that places almost 60 different experimental vines on his land. A complex and risky adventure, never attempted with this scientific nature, of which the enologist of the company Paolo Tiefenthaler becomes interpreter. An adventure that, however, repays the boldness with the first important results on the red Syrah and Petit Verdot and white grapes such as Sauvignon, Viognier and Petit Manseng, which give life to different single-variety or assembly labels, always with an interesting quality-price ratio. The leading product is the Mater Matuta (Syrah plus Petit Verdot brushstroke), a race wine, proud, concentrated, with a meaty and austere scent, a dark ruby color and aromas of black forest fruits on a complex spiciness. The Aphrodisium is surprising, a sweet white from late harvested grapes (Petit Manseng, Viognier, Greco and Fiano), of very elegant beauty. "