San Lorenzo Gran Selezione 2015 Chianti Classico Castello di Ama DOCG
Chianti Classico Great Selection San Lorenzo is a fabulous wine that takes its name from the valley on which affaccianno the eighteenth-century villas of Castello di Ama. Is produced from grapes of old plants, at least 10 years to ensure a high level of polyphenolic maturity of the grapes harvested. Wine is an important milestone for the company and stands in first place as the flagship product of Castello di Ama
- Gran Selezione San Lorenzo
- Chianti Classico DOCG
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 80% Sangiovese, 20% Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malvasia Nera
- Type of harvest
- Manual with selection of grapes
- Harvest Time
- Last decade of September - first decade of October
- Between September 28th and October 8th, they were hand-picked in small 12 kg capacity boxes
- Fermentazione Malolattica
- Aging of wine
- After the assembly, the wine is passed entirely in barriques, 20% of the first pass and the rest used, where it remained in aging for about 12 months. The wine was bottled between the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013.
- The wine ranked sixth among the best 100 wines in the world according to Wine Spectator
- 0,75 l.
- Bright red, bright and intense
- Bouquet of small red berry fruits
- Brilliant attack where fruity notes are complemented by spicy aromas
Wine and vineyards held the family of Lorenza Sebasti and Marco Pallanti, who today run the company. For more than 30 years, Romana, the second generation of one of the families that originally owned her, a Tuscan doc and winemaker who grew up between France and Tuscany, have successfully faced the challenge of making Ama a wine of excellence. Marco was awarded the title of Oenologist of the Year in 2003 by the Gambero Rosso Wine Guide. In 2004 the company received the Enterprise and Culture award, promoted by Confindustria, Ice, Sviluppo Italia and the Municipality of Palermo, for the "best curriculum of investments in culture" and a year later in 2005, the company was declared the best of the year. It was for two successive terms, from 2006 to 2012, president of the Consorzio del Chianti Classico. CASTLE OF AMA San Lorenzo 2010 wins the sixth best wine award in the world by Wine Spectator.