Rosso di Montalcino 2014 Poggio San Polo DOC
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Type of soil
- Rich in calcium and clays
- System of cultivation
- Spurred cordon
- Delicate, soft trying to keep the skin intact
- Aging of wine
- 12 months in French barriques (Allier) of second passage with medium toasting One further month in bottle before being put on the market
- Serving temperature
- It is advisable to serve in large balls at a temperature of about 18 ° C
- It combines naturally with typical Tuscan dishes with a bold and decisive flavor, with pasta and risotto with mushrooms or truffles, pork, mixed grilled and medium-aged cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Brilliant ruby red
- You will recognize aromas of small fresh and light marasca fruits along with hints of blackberries and black cherries, followed by a pleasant hint of vanilla. Good intensity
- Warm, soft, medium-bodied and with balanced tannins On the gustative analysis, the wine is harmonically dry, has a vigor and freshness with good aromatic persistence
The idea of San Polo is clear: to maximize the potential of the terroir, focus on the search for uncompromising quality, create an ethical and responsible space, where the work of man and the natural context are supported in a harmonious journey and constructive.
San Polo in an excellent winery Turning the San Polo estate into an excellent winery, this is our goal. 2007 marks the beginning of a new Era for San Polo: the prestige of a historical denomination is flanked by the entrepreneurial approach and the opening towards multiple commercial possibilities. And then, the awareness and the convinced adhesion to a path of sustainability, which is today a distinctive trait of the Company, an aspiration that pervades all the activities of the Estate.
San Polo vineyards We are in the locality of Podernovi, the southern side of the Municipality of Montalcino, the valley is the one chosen by Sant’Antimo, Monte Amiata is there, almost touching. It is a Mezzopane - says the people here - meaning that it is enough to observe this splendid panorama to remain satisfied. The windows, the open spaces, the viewpoints of the two farmhouses of the Tenuta overlook the Tuscany of painters and take your breath away. And then there's the Cantina: modern and innovative. So innovative as to become a distinctive and representative element of the company itself.