Rosso del Soprano 2011 Palari di Salvatore Geraci IGT
- Rosso del Soprano
- Nero d'Avola IGT
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- Nerello, mascalese, nocera , cappuccio , galatena
- Traditional in red, stainless steel with thermal conditioning of the fermentation process and maceration
- 13,00% vol.
- Gambero Rosso
- 3 glasses
- Ageing potential
- From 3 to 8 years, in particular vintages even beyond
- Serving temperature
- 18 ° C In summer it is preferable to taste it at a temperature of 15 ° C
- It goes well with roasted white and red meats, noble poultry, sauced fish dishes and semi-seasoned grilled cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Intense ruby red
- Long and penetrating, concentrated berries and jam
- Dry and enveloping with an aftertaste of ripe fruit
Palari is unanimously recognized as the "Lighthouse of the Lighthouse", thanks to the courage and stubbornness of the patron Salvatore Geraci. In the splendid Sicilian Villa Geraci of 1700, home of the Palari winery, the production of Faro since 1989, ancient and noble Messina wine made from Nerello Mascalese grapes, was resumed, with the aim of finding, together with the aid of the most modern techniques , that quality that made the Lighthouse famous in the wine world. In the district of Palari, in Santo Stefano Brig di Messina, the vineyards of the winery extend to a kilometer and a half from the sea, with native vines with names as old as they are fascinating for what they evoke: nerello, nocera, tignolino cap, core'e palumba , acitana, galatena, calabrese, and others still, all grapes that enter the disciplinary for the production of the Faro Doc. The vineyards are bred to sapling on very steep sandy soils, with vines of age up to 80 years. In the Palari winery, the maturation times and the use of the barriques are expertly controlled by Salvatore Geraci himself, who does not use clarification and filtration processes. In addition to the flagship product of the winery, the Faro shows great elegance and is also the result of the Rosso del Soprano. Palari wines are truly original and courageous products that have re-launched a DOC and a territory like few others have managed to do.