Romanico 2013 Biodinamico Cefalicchio DOP
The "Romanico Ognissole" Tenuta Cefalicchio is a red ruby color with orange highlights product near Alta Murgia in Puglia. It is a wine with a bouquet of dried fruits and the taste is dry and well-balanced to match preferably roast dishes and aged cheeses
- Nero di Troia DOC Biodinamico
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- 250 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Calcareous, slightly clayey, pebbly and tendentially dry
- System of cultivation
- Spurred cordon
- Type of harvest
- Careful selection of bunches and manual collection in boxes
- Yield per hectare
- 90 q.ls/ha
- With autochthonous yeasts and with long contact of the must with the pressed and destemmed grapes
- Aging of wine
- In steel containers and then in 25 hl oak barrels
- 13,00% vol.
- Serving temperature
- 20-22 °C
- Suitable for important roast dishes and aged cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Intense ruby red with orange reflections
- Accentuated sensations of dried fruits, spices, licorice, in an ethereal complex of great elegance and finesse
- Dry, well balanced, persistent
The history of the Cefalicchio winery is closely intertwined with the history of the Rossi family, a family originally of notaries and lawyers who in 1870 bought the property in Canosa di Puglia and slowly transformed the 80 hectares of almond trees into vineyards and olive groves. The vineyard is currently spread over 27 hectares on a hilly landscape in the area of the Murgia of the Castel del Monte Doc.A Fabrizio Rossi is to recognize the decision since 1992 to use the biodynamic farming method (Demeter certificate) with the aim of reconstructing an environment as harmonious as possible, also in relations with the people who live there, and obtain wines that they are an authentic expression of the territory and the climate from which they come. It is more a work of conservation from the vineyard to the glass than a work of creation. In this sense the figure of the agronomist is central and an absolute health of the grapes and reduced, if not marginal, interventions in the cellar are required. To confirm the full respect of the surrounding environment, the cellar is powered by its own photovoltaic system. Through minimally invasive cellar techniques and absolutely sustainable agronomic procedures, Cefalicchio produces quality wines that restore the soul of the places where they were born.