The "Roggio del Filare" is a red produced by Velenosi in which the dominant Montepulciano grapes are completed, in the blend, by Sangiovese clusters. It presents itself to the eye with an intense ruby color, the nose is orchestrated on an initial olfactory wave fruity with aromatic herbs and touches of lavender. Pleasant and balanced, just think that for more than 10 consecutive years the Gambero Rosso magazine has awarded it the prestigious recognition of the Three Glasses. Perfect to accompany game and game preparations, it is ideal to combine with woodcocks with truffles and aged cheeses, possibly between 16 ° C and 20 ° C.
Order it before 22 hours and 50 minutes and receive it Tue 20 with GLS/SDA
- Roggio del Filare
- Rosso PIceno DOC Superiore
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Offida and Ascoli Piceno
- Grape variety
- Type of harvest
- Harvest Time
- In mid-October, early in the morning or late in the afternoon, in small crates, before arriving in the cellar, in cold storage
- First year of production
- After destemming, the grapes are conveyed into 100 Hl steel fermenters, equipped with a programmable reassembly system (to obtain maximum results of extraction of the color and softness of the wine) and temperature control. Maceration on the skins lasts for about 28 days
- Aging of wine
- After fermentation, the wine is put in new barriques, coming from French artisan tonnellerie, for about 18 months
- 0,75 l.
- Bright and bright ruby red with light granat reflections
- Intense and complex nose, with hints of dark and ripe fruits such as plum and blackberry which, intense, open onto a bouquet of spices with extraordinary charm
- In the mouth it confirms its great character and reveals its essence. Velvety in the pulp and powerful in the texture, rightly tannic, fruity and spicy. Its warm, persistent, full-bodied and harmonious flavor makes it a distinct and charismatic wine
HISTORY AND COMPANY
The Velenosi winery was founded by two very young entrepreneurs Angela and Ettore Velenosi in 1984 and only in 2005 it was further expanded, thanks to the entry of the new partner, Dr. Paolo Garbini. The modern and avant-garde equipment, the desire to learn and to put the owners in the game, has transformed this small company into a territorial eccelleza, in which it is possible to taste and buy excellent wines. Located in Ascoli Piceno, in the Marche region, just 20 km from the sea and at an altitude of 150-200 meters, the property consists of a clay soil that is particularly fertile, a typical characteristic of the hills surrounding the Tronto river valley . In addition to the four companies that developed between Ascoli Piceno, Castorano, Monsampolo and Castel di Lama, the Velenosi Winery also has some vineyards in the area of Ancarano, in the province of Teramo, and in Marcelli, in Ancona. The vineyards cultivated by the Velenosi winery are: Trebbiano, Montepulciano, Malvasia, Pinot Nero, Chardonnay, Muller Thurgau, Sauvignon blanc, Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Passerina, Schiraz, Pecorino and Petit Verdot; the supply chain is completely followed by Dr. Attilio Pagli, an expert oenologist.