Pommery Brut Apanage Champagne with case
- Pommery Brut Apanage
- Champagne brut
- Grape variety
- Chardonnay prevalence
- Aging of wine
- Aging on the lees for 42 months
- Serving temperature
- 8-10 °C
- Champagne dalla piacevole leggerezza, adatto come aperitivo Ideale a tutto pasto, si accompagna armoniosamente con i piatti di pesce e i crostacei
- 0,75 l.
- Bright yellow with golden highlights that veer towards teal shades
- Elegance and a beautiful freshness are accompanied by a full bouquet of aromas that opens with finely buttery notes of small pastries in addition to smelling scents of wild flowers and red berries
- In the mouth the wine caresses the palate like a soft breath. All olfactory perceptions are reflected on the palate with enveloping and complexity
HISTORY AND COMPANY
It was in 1858 that Madame Pommery, who was widowed, laid the foundations for what would eventually become one of the most important Champagne maisons. A tenacious and ambitious woman, Madame Pommery sets out to conquer national and international markets, distorting the rules of business management without hesitation. It is she who understands the potential of some foreign markets, in particular the English one, and it is always she who lays the foundations for the promotion of a luxury product by adopting a strategy aimed at enhancing its style and image. Deep revolutions that also affect the product, given that, over time, Madame Pommery understands that the taste of the era was changing and that it was necessary to improve the production techniques to improve the quality of the Champagne and gradually reduce its sweetness. Thus was born in 1874 what is considered the first Champagne Brut in history. Coming to more recent times, since 2002 Pommery joins the Vranken group and the president Paul-Francois Vranken continues the work undertaken by the Pommery family, combining the avant-garde spirit with the generosity, tenacity and passion that over the years have made of the products branded Pommery a reference point for all Champagne. Today this maison of Reims buys grapes from vineyards that have an area of about 34,000 hectares, and can boast vineyards of over 250 hectares, where the jobs between the rows - in which mainly chardonnay and pinot noir are grown - are carried out following sustainable work practices. Supervising the winery operations we find Clément Pierlot, who joined the Vranken group in 2004, now completely in control of everything that revolves around the world of Pommery. Today there are several bottles that are born inside the maison, some of which are classically traditional, such as the Brut "Royal" or the "Apanage", others the result of experimentation and innovation, such as the "Pop Earth", Champagne born from use of grapes grown and grown with 100% sustainable methods.