Pinot Grigio 2016 Livio Felluga DOC
Pinot Grigio by Livio Ferruga is an exceptional wine perfect to match with fish dishes, appetizers and vegetable risotto. Is a wine that presents with fruity apricot and lime flowers, yellow with copper hues and taste in accompanied by hints of chopped cherry, mango and yellow apple
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Aging of wine
- After fermentation, the wine was left on the lees in stainless steel containers for six months. The bottled wine is stored in temperature-controlled rooms for about two months
- 13,00% vol.
- As a method of defense was adopted the system of integrated control to environmentally controlled
- Serving temperature
- 12-14 °C
- Particularly suitable for the fish dishes, appetizers, risottos and baked vegetables
- 0,75 l.
- Yellow with light auburn
- Intense, harmonious and complex, with notes of citrus, apricot and lime flowers, accompanied by hints of flint, candied fruit, honey and biscuits
- Full, intense and well balanced; in complexity by hints of chopped cherry, golden apple and mango integrated into an elegant and strong minerality
HISTORY AND COMPANY
A unique name in the Italian productive panorama, as well as a symbol of a region and its wines, it is easy to understand how the story of Livio Felluga is intertwined with that of a whole territory. This story has as its protagonist a family that survived two world wars, which witnessed the change of the borders around it, and then decided to settle on the sweet buttresses of the Friuli hills. It is here that, not far from Cormòns in the province of Gorizia, Livio Felluga had to undertake a new battle to revive the hill, convinced that only the rebirth of quality cultivation could bring life back to the Friuli countryside. With great courage he began to rearrange the old vineyards and plant new ones, introducing innovative ideas and methods. A hard job, made of stubbornness and passion, which will lead him over the years to create one of the most beautiful and significant business realities of the Peninsula, acquiring rightfully the title unanimously recognized as the founder of the Friulian wine tradition. Currently the company can count on a vast area planted with vines, which from the Collio appellation to the Colli Orientali del Friuli, covers about 155 hectares. In the vineyard, the varieties we meet are both indigenous and international, so we have Friulian and Pinot Bianco, Chardonnay and Ribolla Gialla, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris, Picolit and Refosco, Pignolo and Merlot . Grapes that are transformed into what are now called the "wines of the geographical map", always reproduced on the label and depicting an old map of the farms. And then here come to life the "Vertigo", the "Nuaré" and the "Sharis", then gradually all the others, up to the "Terre Alte": wines from a winery that still today shines for quality and for the territorial character it succeeds in expressing, a veritable ambassador of the best Friulian whites - and therefore Italians - all over the world.