Pietrafumante 2015 Caprettone, sparkling classic vintage method Casa Setaro
Caprettone Spumante classical method is vinified with grapes Caprettone in purity, for a taste only Vesuvius. Winner of the South Roots 2016 Red Dot of the Merano Wine Festival. The spumante Caprettone is a sparkling wine produced in compliance with traditional methods, which carries all the unique taste of Vesuvius
- Caprettone Pietrafumante
- Sparkling classic vintage method
- Sparkling wine
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Grape variety
- 350 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Volcanic, rich in potassium and microelements
- System of cultivation
- Guyot, with few buds per plant
- Harvest Time
- First ten days of September
- Cryomaceration in silos at 4 ° C, fermentation for 18/24 days, fermentation after about 6 months. 30 months stay sur lie
- Aging of wine
- 12 months in the bottle
- 12,50% vol.
- Serving temperature
- 6-8 °C
- A wine for all meals, perfect with raw fish and shellfish
- 0,75 l.
- Brilliant straw yellow with greenish reflections, fine and persistent perlage
- The nose offers floral hints of Vesuvius broom, white pulp fruit as well as fragrant notes of bread that blend well with the minerality
- Elegant, full, with freshness enlivened by effervescence, an excellent structure and a long finish
Casa Setaro is a winery located on the slopes of the Vesuvius, in Trecase. Its vineyards are located just inside the Vesuvius National Park. Here, in particular, grow the Piedirosso, Aglianico, Falanghina and Caprettone vines, which are all indigenous grape varieties from Campania.
For generations, the Setaro family has been dedicated to grape cultivation and wine production on the slopes of the Vesuvius. The company, as it is today, was founded Massimo Setaro, following the example and the knowledge that he was given by his father, Don Vincenzo, since Massimo was still a child. And example that was made of passion, dedication, and work. No surprise, then, that the Lacryma Christis Don Vincenzo Riserva, based on Piedirosso and Aglianico, was dedicated to him.
Massimo Setaro takes care of all the production, from the vineyard to the cellar. He is sided by his wife Mariarosaria. Togethere they concentrate on giving full value to the wines of the Vesuvius and their quality, a quality which seeks to mirror the uniqueness of this territory with its long history.