Piedirosso 2015 Sannio Mustilli DOC
Piedirosso by Mustilli is a red wine from the Sannio DOC. It has a ruby red color with violet reflections and an intense, persistent, fine and fruity aroma. The taste is dry, sapid, rightly tannic, warm in body and quite soft
- Piedirosso del Sannio
- Piedirosso del Sannio DOC
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 100% Piedirosso
- Serving temperature
- 15-17 °C
- Si accosIt goes very well with pasta with meat sauce, timbales, rice sartù, meatloaf in crust. Suggested pairing with fish dishes, especially if in soupta molto bene con paste al ragù, timballi, sartù di riso, polpettone in crosta Suggerito l'abbinamento con piatti a base di pesce, specie se in zuppa
- 0,75 l.
- Bright ruby red with violet reflections, medium intense
- Intense, persistent, fine, fruity with notes of ripe red fruits, medicinal plants, lavender, sage, thyme
- Dry, sapid, rightly tannic, warm on the body, quite soft. Balanced and intense with notes of dried fruit
The Mustilli family arrived in Sant’Agata dei Goti at the beginning of the ‘500; originally from Ravello, then a town in the glorious Republic of Amalfi, choosing the Sannita village as a new working land, the family began a story that is still today intertwined with the culture of wine. In the 70s, then, Leonardo and Marilì Mustilli decided to renew the family tradition of vine cultivation, replanting in the hills of Sant'Agata dei Goti the native Campania vineyards such as Falanghina, Greek, Aglianico and Piedirosso, then abandoned or replaced from so-called international vines: the 1979 Falanghina Mustilli was the first Falanghina in the world to be vinified and bottled alone. Until 2001, the wine was made in the ancient cellars of the Palazzo Mustilli, dug out of the tufa at 15 meters deep, in the historic center of the town of Sant'Agata today, instead, given that these splendid cellars were used for the refinement in wood of the Aglianico, vinification takes place in a wine factory equipped with the most modern technologies. The company is currently managed by Paola and Anna Chiara Mustilli; the same, who work full-time in the company, performing different tasks: Paola manages the commercial and communication aspect, while Anna Chiara takes care of the management of the vineyards and the cellar. The company philosophy is to safeguard the typical wine production of the place and spread the culture of food, in search of a healthy lifestyle and towards a deeper knowledge of the wonderful peculiarities of the territory; it is also for this purpose that wine lovers, or simply history, are welcomed in the family cellars and in the palaces of the same, where the Agriturismo and the Wine Bar are located, as well as with pleasure and cordiality, with the genuine products of the tradition, personally reinterpreted by Marilì, skilled cook and perfect hostess, and accompanied by the excellent DOC wines of the company.