Pelago 2013 Umani Ronchi IGT
Pelago by Umani Ronchi is a red wine with the Marche IGT designation. It has an impenetrable ruby red color with purple reflections and an intense, clean and refined aroma. The taste is of berries, vanilla and mineral aromas
- Marche Rosso IGT
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- First year of production
- Alcoholic fermentation in the presence of the skins for a period of 15 days with a submerged cap, followed by racking and malolactic fermentation. The first phase of aging is carried out in Allier and Tronçais oak barrels for 14 months
- Aging of wine
- In bottle, in a temperature-controlled environment for 12 months
- 14,00% vol.
- Recommended glass
- Large goblet, with a rather large body to allow the right oxygenation of red wines, long refined in the bottle and with tannins that have already assumed a softer character, developing complex and tertiary aromas, which will be well concentrated in the narrower opening
- Serving temperature
- 16-18 °C
- Excellent with red meats, feathered game and mature cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Impenetrable ruby red with purple reflections
- Intense, clean and refined
- The impact is of berries, vanilla and mineral aromas. Important but evolved tannins with taste sensations in harmony with its great body
HISTORY AND COMPANY
The Umani Ronchi winery is one of the historic, large and most well-known manufacturing companies in the Marche region. His strength and the secret of his success lie in his continual ability to renew himself and the courage to question himself, continually improving production and always keeping up to date on the latest trends, keeping his feet firmly in the company and local traditions. It was founded in 1957 by Gino Umani Ronchi in Cupramontana, in the heart of Verdicchio production, and today it can boast vast properties not only in the Castelli di Jesi area, but also in the Conero and Abruzzo. For over 50 years it has been managed by the Bianchi Bernetti family, who, thanks to the work of Massimo and then of his son Michele, has been able to make the most of the labels produced in the world. The Umani Ronchi winery has crossed and successfully passed an epochal change, converting hundreds of hectares of vineyards to organic farming, thanks to the expertise of the agronomist Luigi Piersanti. Renovation and modernization involved all the production, able to combine the typical features of the territory, the varietal character of the grapes and a modern and elegant style. Each production site has its own cellar, according to the principle "three cellars for three territories": Osimo, where the great reds are born; Castelbellino, cradle of Verdicchio, and Montipagano, seat of Abruzzo. The name of Umani Ronchi has always been linked to the excellence of two renowned wine specialties: Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi and Rosso Conero, based on Montepulciano. In addition to these, in recent years Abruzzo wines have also been produced starting from indigenous varieties that immediately found great success. The identification and enhancement of very suitable vineyards has allowed the Bianchi Bernetti family to focus more and more on quality and territorial typicality. After over half a century of history this winery has been able to maintain a leading role in the regional wine scene.