Nuaré 2017 Livio Felluga IGT
Nuarè by Livio Felluga has a ruby red color with garnet reflections, a sweet and elegant aroma: calla flowers, sour cherry, wild strawberry, coconut milk, mint and fresh tea leaf. The taste is fresh and pleasantly tannic, with a strong character: notes of pomegranate and blueberry with floral and balsamic hints.
- IGT Red 'delle Venezie'
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Grape variety
- Type of soil
- Flysch of rocks and sandstone of Eocene origin
- System of cultivation
- Type of harvest
- Harvest Time
- Third and fourth decades of September
- It comes with maceration of the skins at controlled temperature, in stainless steel containers. Frequent replenishes are carried out for a period of about three weeks in order to extract colors and aromas from the skins. So the grinding is done
- Grapes are gently submerged and crushed
- Aging of wine
- The ripening takes place for twelve months in steel and small French oak barrels Bottled wine is normally stored in thermoconditioned rooms for about four months
- 12,50% vol.
- Serving temperature
- 16-18 °C
- Game, stew and roast. Medium seasoning cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red with garnet reflections
- Sweet and Elegant, calla flower, hazel, wild strawberry, coconut milk, mint, fresh tea leaf
- Fresh and pleasantly tannic, with its distinctive character, notes of pomegranate, cranberry with floral and balsamic notes
HISTORY AND COMPANY
A unique name in the Italian productive panorama, as well as a symbol of a region and its wines, it is easy to understand how the story of Livio Felluga is intertwined with that of a whole territory. This story has as its protagonist a family that survived two world wars, which witnessed the change of the borders around it, and then decided to settle on the sweet buttresses of the Friuli hills. It is here that, not far from Cormòns in the province of Gorizia, Livio Felluga had to undertake a new battle to revive the hill, convinced that only the rebirth of quality cultivation could bring life back to the Friuli countryside. With great courage he began to rearrange the old vineyards and plant new ones, introducing innovative ideas and methods. A hard job, made of stubbornness and passion, which will lead him over the years to create one of the most beautiful and significant business realities of the Peninsula, acquiring rightfully the title unanimously recognized as the founder of the Friulian wine tradition. Currently the company can count on a vast area planted with vines, which from the Collio appellation to the Colli Orientali del Friuli, covers about 155 hectares. In the vineyard, the varieties we meet are both indigenous and international, so we have Friulian and Pinot Bianco, Chardonnay and Ribolla Gialla, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris, Picolit and Refosco, Pignolo and Merlot . Grapes that are transformed into what are now called the "wines of the geographical map", always reproduced on the label and depicting an old map of the farms. And then here come to life the "Vertigo", the "Nuaré" and the "Sharis", then gradually all the others, up to the "Terre Alte": wines from a winery that still today shines for quality and for the territorial character it succeeds in expressing, a veritable ambassador of the best Friulian whites - and therefore Italians - all over the world.