Nero d'Avola 2017 Tenute Orestiadi Molino a Vento IGT
Nero d'Avola of Tenute Orestiadi Molino a Vento is a red wine IGT produced in Sicily. It shows an intense ruby red color and a broad scent, with fruity and licorice notes. The taste is balanced, with soft tannins and a fruity finish
- Nero d'Avola
- Terre Siciliane IGT
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Hills of Gibellina
- Grape variety
- Nero d'Avola
- 100-300 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Shallow soils of medium texture calcareous clay with a good content of organic matter and iron
- System of cultivation
- Plant density
- 3.800-4.200 plants/ha.
- Yield per hectare
- 130 q.ls/ha.
- Nero d’Avola harvested by phenolic ripeness. Fermentation is conducted for 12-15 days at 24- 30°C with daily pump-overs and 1 delestage. The wine is matured in stainless steel tanks and minimal oak contact to preserve fruit freshness
- 13,00% vol.
- Perfect with tomato spaghetti with salty ricotta, sicilian oven sauce, pork sausage with sauce, fresh cheese with yarn, grilled radish
- 0,75 l.
- Deep red with purple tones
- The nose provides a mix of red cherry and raspberry
- The palate is true to the nose with primary red berry and a mineral like acidity. A medium bodied profile is rounded by subtle tannins and a fruity finish
Between the gentle hills that open onto the Belice Valley and fade off towards the sea of the ancient Selinunte extend the vineyards of Tenute Orestiadi. In these lands, marked by deep impressions, in the aftermath of an earthquake that completely obliterated lives, identity and places, we cultivate with care and attention the vineyards in the places that once belonged to our ancestors. Tenute Orestiadi is an ancient name that evokes distant myths and legends, that in fact amidst these lands found life thanks to Aeschylus, that more than twenty centuries ago wrote and brought to the stage the legend of ORESTES and of the ORESTIADI.
In the heart of the Valle del Belice, at Gibellina, where fragrances and colours of the Mediterranean intermingle with the myth of art, we carefully cultivate our vineyards. Within our company we take care of the vineyards as if they were important actors in an extremely authentic play created by a single director, Nature. We see the vine as a living being with which man must share, interact and grow with passion and sacrifice in order to produce wines of intensity, with immense character and great personality, unique expression of our land, Sicily.
Newly built, the winery is located on the hill that dominates Gibellina. Constructed according to the ancient standards of the old Sicilian fortified courtyards, it hosts modern processing technologies for the vinification and storage of wine. Our wines reflect a perfect marriage between the tradition of Sicilian wine-making and innovation achieved through modern vinification systems and high-tech machinery.