Moscato di Noto 2016 Planeta
Moscato di Noto di Planeta is a white wine produced in Sicily. It has a straw yellow color and an aroma of various flowers, the taste is slender and agile, well balanced and light
- Moscato di Noto
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Type of soil
- Very calcareous ground, abundant and small skeleton. Fine texture with light-colored clayey fraction
- System of cultivation
- Counter-espalier, spurred cordon
- Harvest Time
- Grapes harvested slightly earlier than around 18 in Babo (15 September)
- Yield per hectare
- 90 q.ls, 2,0 kg per pianta
- Controspalliera. Cordone Speronato ...
- Excellent as an aperitif with toasted and salted Bronte and almond pistachios With shellfish and raw fish With sushi and sashimi
- 0,75 l.
- Straw yellow with clear green reflections
- Rosa Canina, white peach, jasmine, green tea, orange flowers and scents of the sea
- Slim and agile, well balanced and light
HISTORY AND COMPANY
Planeta is the symbol of a Sicily that has been able to re-launch itself to the great, of a Sicily that looks at the horizon of the sunny coasts and the wild nature of the hinterland. It was born only in 1995, but in a few years it has been able to carve out a leading role in the world of wine, merit of foresight and passion, work in the vineyard and ability to communicate the poetry hidden in each bottle. The Planeta family, of ancient Spanish origin, over the course of 17 generations, that is from 1525 to today, has committed itself to the enhancement of Sicilian wine excellence, ending up with the great and modern productive reality that we know today, an absolute protagonist of the Renaissance Sicilian wine. With the ambitious project "Planeta Terra" the winery has also engaged in an important path of environmental sustainability, aimed at defining an eco-compatible protocol to be communicated not only to the productive realities, but also to the consumer. It would be impossible to represent such a multi-faceted region from just one production area. For this reason the Planeta winery has six different estates in six different areas of Sicily: Sambuca di Sicilia and Menfi (Agrigento), Vittoria (Ragusa), Noto (Siracusa), Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania) and Capo Milazzo (Messina). From so different soils and climatic conditions can only be born totally different wines, which tell different souls of the same region: thus Planeta can combine typical vines such as Carricante or Fiano with excellent Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon, in order to tell the story and the traditions of the whole of Sicily, bringing in the glass the poetry and the bewitching beauty of this land that transmits to the wines faceted and at the same time fascinating characteristics.