Merlot 2017 Cusumano
Merlot 2014 from Cusumano, from the vineyards of Presti and Pegni, in the province of Trapani, is expressed in its glass with its typical fruity notes, as fresh and delicate as deep, typical of the best jams. The palate is warm, soft, pleasantly balanced, characterized by a medium-persistence closure that returns to the fruit.
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Presti and Pegni, Monreale (PA)
- Grape variety
- System of cultivation
- cattle breeding
- Plant density
- 5000 strains per hectare
- Type of harvest
- Harvest Time
- First decade of September
- Yield per hectare
- 70 q.li/ha
- Steaming and cold maceration of the skins for 2 days at 5 ° C, fermentation at 26 ° -28 ° C with frequent replenishment and follatura, malolactic steel and keeping of fine lees for at least five months
- Aging of wine
- For all meals, it matches perfectly with meat, baked or grilled seconds
- 0,75 l.
- Dark ruby red
- Notes of cherry, plum, blackberry and blueberry, also in jam
- Warm, soft, pleasantly balanced, characterized by a medium-persistence closure that returns to the fruit
Each wine is an expression of its territory.
Ficuzza 189 hectares, in Piana degli Albanesi in the province of Palermo.
Presti and Pegni 70 hectares, on the hills of Monreale.
San Giacomo 140 hectares, in Butera in the province of Caltanissetta.
Milioto 3 hectares, in the territory of Partinico.
Monte Pietroso 30 hectares, in the territory of Monreale.
Marchesa 50 hectares, in the territory of Monreale.
Buonivini 20 hectares, in the territory of Pachino.