Massifitti 2015 Suavia
This is the latest arrival. Our little prince and the worthy heir of the illustrious trebbiano di soave, an ancient grape variety that has almost been forgotten, is often misunderstood and confused. Massi fitti is the result of a long and adventurous journey that we embarked on at the origins of trebbiano di soave in order to rediscover its character and authentic nature. This wine is pure and authentic, one hundred per cent trebbiano di soave, born and bred on fittà basalt. It is a tribute to our land and its history, of which we are the guardians. Trebbiano di Soave is harvested from old vines present in our high hillside vineyards.
To give life to this wine were selected and multiplied the most interesting of these in collaboration with Professor A.Scienza the Faculty of Agriculture University of Milan, thus creating a new vineyard entirely dedicated to the authentic Trebbiano di Soave.
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 100% Trebbiano di Soave
- Harvest Time
- Second week of September
- Yield per hectare
- 50 q.ls/ha
- Bottles produced annually
- Soft pressing of whole grapes. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel at the hands of natural yeasts. Alcoholic fermentation lasts about 15 days at a temperature of 15-16 ° C
- Fermentazione Malolattica
- Aging of wine
- Steel in contact with the lees for 15 months. Only a membrane filtration before bottling
- Recommended glass
- Use a slender round glass with plenty of volume for the best appreciation of full-bodied white wines
- Serving temperature
- 10-12 °C
- It is ideal as an aperitif. It goes very well with vegetable and fish first and main courses. Excellent with raw fish and sushi
- 0,75 l.
- Brilliant straw yellow with golden highlights
- Very elegant and extremely mineral. White pulp fruits coupled with some floral notes of lily of the valley and jasmine, flint and a breath of aromatic herbs
- Perfect taste balance between an elegant creaminess and fresh, savoury notes. Very long persistence
HISTORY AND COMPANY
The Suavia winery has a history that takes place between walls and vineyards where you can breathe an atmosphere of authentic love for wine. Located at a height of three hundred meters, in the hills of Verona of Soave, the winery enjoys colorful volcanic soils and has reached the fourth generation of highly specialized craft traditions. The name Suavia reflects the precious inheritance that has come down to the present day from the Middle Ages, being the ancient name of the small village situated between the vines and olive trees of the Soave area, where the family settled in 1800. From 2001, under the father's guide, the four sisters of the Tessari family, Arianna, Meri, Valentina and Alessandra, who grew up among the vineyards, started an adventure focused on the quality and uniqueness of the white grapes of Trebbiano and Garganega, dedicating themselves to them with a passion and, at the same time, with a devotion to the teachings acquired in the family. These vines have been growing in the Soave area for centuries and in recent years have been extensively studied by the winery in collaboration with the University of Milan: they embody a profession that was carried out with the heart and hands of the family, going back to generation of the grandparents of the four sisters. At the base of the success of Suavia wines there is the symbiosis between the work of man, of women, and the work of nature, whose events are fundamental for wine production. For example, the phases of the moon are carefully followed, as are the snowfalls to avoid unnecessary grape and soil treatments. The wines of the Suavia cellar are the result of outdoor days of hard work and nights of celebration and peace: each year they are embellished with characteristics that are never the same, but their character is unmistakable and represents a spirit full of passion and a terroir ancient and unique in the world.