HISTORY AND COMPANY
Villa Zarri is a magnificent building located in Castel Maggiore, in the province of Bologna, whose roots allow us to look back until 1578, the year in which the Villa appears to already exist, as shown by various drawings and maps of the time. Completely renovated in the 1700s, it passed into ownership until it was inherited by Leonida Zarri, who brought it back to its ancient splendor. Guido, young nephew of Leonida, always fond of spirits, had for some time been firmly convinced that even in Italy it could be possible to start a high quality production centered on Brandy. It was the beginning of the Zarri distillery, which in 1990 presented the first bottle of Brandy, made in an absolutely natural way starting from Trebbiano, Romagna and Tuscany. Driven by the first positive feedbacks, Guidò was totally committed to this new and exciting adventure, focused on small productions of great value. The production philosophy takes its cue from the methodology used in France for the production of Cognac, using raw materials, in this case the Trebbiano romagnolo, of the highest level. Distillation takes place in the months of September, October and November, as soon as the alcoholic fermentation of the wine has come to fruition, using the Charentais still: a slow and meticulous process, which keeps the characteristic aromas of the grape alive; then the product is slowly refined in barrels of different capacities, for a minimum period of at least 10 years. Today, Villa Zarri, alongside the production of refined vintage Brandy, has expanded its range of products, also devoting itself to the creation of other labels: Organic Nocino, Chardonnay wine brandy, Cherry Brandy and Amaro Zarri are just some of the goodies that are created and made within the walls of the marvelous Villa. A selection that offers a wide overview of flavors and tastes, able to satisfy the needs of the most refined palates. "