Tenute Silvio Nardi
HISTORY AND COMPANY
In 1950, Silvio Nardi, father of the current owners, bought the Casale del Bosco Estate in Montalcino more for passion than for work. The main activity of the family has been represented since 1895 by the Ditta Nardi - an important agricultural construction company that had, and still has, its headquarters in Umbria. In 1958, when the Consorzio del Brunello and Montalcino still did not even exist, it was not a small town still unknown, from the cellars of Casale del Bosco came the first bottle of Brunello. Today we can say that Silvio Nardi is the first "foreigner" to invest in Montalcino. In 1962 the Manachiara Estate was purchased, with 40 hectares of vineyards, near Castelnuovo dell'Abate and 25 km from Casale del Bosco. The vineyards of Manachiara today give name to the homonymous precious Brunello cru of the company. In 1967 Silvio Nardi is among the founders of the Brunello di Montalcino Consortium of Wine. In 1970, at the Tenute di Casale del Bosco and Manachiara, the Tenuta di Bibbiano is added, in the Municipality of Buonconvento, whose symbol is still today the beautiful medieval family castle that dates back to the 11th century. In 1985, Emilia Nardi, Silvio's youngest daughter, joined the company and took over from him in 1990. Emilia, together with her brothers, decides to face companies in the wine production and business management process. He undertook a process of restructuring both the vineyards and the cellar. In 1995, the product from the Vigna di Manachiara was born from his firm desire to enhance the vineyards of the company, and the process began in these years. of selection of corporate clones. Tenute Silvio Nardi Today there are 36 vineyards in an intact and salty territory, awareness of being able to count on an unmistakable land and a willingness to always bet everything on the expression of each individual terroir.