Lagrein 2018 Cantina Tramin Südtirol – Alto Adige DOC
Perhaps the most important grape native of South Tyrol, the Lagrein has a ruby red color and intense garnet red, with a pleasant scent of violets and blackberries. The taste is full, round and with good structure. Elegant and relaxed wine, great pleasure.
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Trentino Alto Adige
- Grape variety
- 250-400 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Calcareous, clayey, gravelly and sandy
- Yield per hectare
- 75 hl/ha
- The grapes are de-stemmed and fermented at controlled temperature (28-30 ° C) in steel containers and cement where the malolactic fermentation takes place
- Fermentazione Malolattica
- Aging of wine
- In various capacity oak barrels and partially in cement tanks
- Ageing potential
- Under the right storage conditions can age up to 4-8 years
- Serving temperature
- 18-20 °C
- Excellent with game, red meat and seasoned cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red and garnet red
- Pleasant scent of violets and more
- Full, wrap-around, good texture
Cantina Tramin is a reality that sums up all the typical characteristics of its own land: the enchantment of nature and its multi-sensory suggestions, the creative and productive precision towards a constant quality, the ability to create a system and to cooperate. Among the social wineries of the oldest tradition of South Tyrol, it is located in Termeno on the Wine Route. Owners of the winery are 300 wine-growing peasants who work the land in the micro-zones of Termeno, Ora, Egna and Montagna over a total area of about 260 hectares, the cradle of the Gewürztraminer grape, a real flag of these places. The cellar produces an average of 1.8 million bottles each year, 75% of which is destined for the domestic market, and the remaining 25% for foreign markets. Total turnover exceeds 10 million euros.