Katà 2018 Cantine Olivella IGT
- Catalanesca IGT Pompeiano bianco
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Manual harvest, fermentation in steel at a controlled temperature, two months of aging in bottle
- 13,50% vol.
- Serving temperature
- 11-12 °C
- To be combined with seafood, baked fish and grilled fish, good is also the combination with buffalo mozzarella from Campania
- 0,75 l.
- Intense straw yellow with light golden reflections
- Elegant and complex, fruity and floral with hints of apricot, cantaloupe melon and pineapple, broom and chamomile, thin mineral trail
- Caldo e sapido, lascia un piacevole ricordo fruttato e minerale
At the foot of Monte Somma, near the source known as "dell'Olivella", from which the company takes its name, a fragment of a vintic jar was discovered in 1974, proof of the wealth of an area from which some people came from remote times. of the finest wines of ancient Rome marketed with Pompeii. At the mouth, the jar bears the abbreviated inscription of "Sextus Catius Festus", coupled with a stamp depicting a stylized leaf, similar to a heart. The seal has significantly become the very logo of the "Cantine Olivella", turning into a glass. It is the perfect sign of a union between territory, art and passion, or the three hearts that beat in unison in the world of Cantine Olivella. Here we work on the volcanic wines of Vesuvius, the Lacryma Christi and varietals from Catalanesca that they recovered, Caprettone and Piedirosso.