Isola Bianca 2018 Teruzzi DOCG
Tasting Teruzzi's Isola Bianca means tasting a Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG, the result of a long and constant search for both quality and the expression of typical local produce. Teruzzi is therefore the private company with the largest cultivated area of this vine and the main private company producing Vernaccia di San Gimignano. It is a wine characterized by a very pleasant freshness, an extremely pleasant fruity aroma
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- San Gimignano
- Grape variety
- 100% Vernaccia of San Gimignano
- 120-300 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Clayey and sandy
- Harvest Time
- Mid September to early October
- Soft grape pressing and fermentation at controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks with selected yeasts
- 12,50% vol.
- Recommended time to drink
- After a first year of youth characterized by fresh and fruity notes, evolution in bottle time maximizes the expression of the characteristics of this wine, exalting its good readiness and the decided and pleasant character that lasts for 2-3 years
- Serving temperature
- 10-12 °C
- Great as an aperitif or inMatching with dry pasta, fish, carpacci and cheese white meat. Ideal as accompaniment to Japanese cuisine (sushi)
- 0,75 l.
- Straw yellow with greenish, clear, brilliant reflections
- Intense and persistent with recognitions of mineral, fruity notes and a slight green note
- Decisive but not aggressive, with good balance between structure, freshness and persistence and characterized by almond aftertaste
HISTORY AND COMPANY
Teruzzi is a company founded over 40 years ago, more precisely in 1974, set in a spectacular landscape: the gentle slopes of San Gimignano in Tuscany. Right from the start its founders' goal was to produce high quality wines, favoring autochthonous grape varieties with full respect for the history and local wine making tradition. Currently the company occupies about 180 hectares of which 94 are represented by the most precious resource, namely the vineyard. According to data recently collected, 60 hectares are planted with vines in Vernaccia, this guarantees Teruzzi the primacy of a private company with the largest Vernaccia grape vineyard in the world. Obviously the company is part of the 77 producers of Vernaccia di San Gimignano, to which the eponymous Consortium belongs, which aims to enhance and promote research and development of its products. After all, the city is closely linked to the world of wine, frescoes, paintings and tapestries scattered everywhere in the town, dating back to medieval times, bear witness to this. From an enotechnical point of view, the company expects a great plant density, equal to about 6600 vines per hectare. The purpose of this crowding is certainly to be sought in the objective of high quality of the final product, precisely grapes. A higher density in fact allows a smaller quantity of raw material per single vine, thus concentrating the substances inside the berry which will subsequently guarantee wines with the highest quality standards. The red vineyards (about 21 hectares) are composed of Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Alicante and Colorino. As for the whites, in addition to the aforementioned Vernaccia, we find Trebbiano Toscano and the international Chardonnay and Sauvignon.