Il Frappato Occhipinti 2016 Biodinamico IGT
- Il Frappato - Vino Biodinamico
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- 250 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Natural, no fertilization, a tillage in the early summer. Two treatments with sulfur
- Mechanical pressing with crushing-destemmer, maceration and fermentation with natural yeasts in steel tanks of 30 hl for 10 days with repacking and whipping for the whipping, light drawing and light pressing of the skins
- 12,50% vol.
- Not very aged and spicy cheeses (fresh caciocavallo ragusano, primrose pecorino cheese with black pepper), baked meats (goat, lamb), sweet and sour rabbit
- 0,75 l.
- Intense red
- Fruity, fresh
- Lively, persistent, with good acidity
The cellar of Arianna Occhipinti, one of the most authentic and famous women of wine in Italy, is based in Vittoria, in the province of Ragusa, in the now famous Provincial Road 68. Its history of vigniaiola began very early, that is, when, after a diploma in Agriculture and Oenology obtained in Milan, decided to return to his beloved Sicily, determined to produce high quality wines in respect of ancient traditions. In 2004 he bought a hectare of land, at the foot of the Iblei mountains, near Vittoria, and planted his first vineyard. Today the farm has been enlarged to 22 hectares of vineyards and orchards, in the Fossa di Lupo and Piraino district, evocative plots divided by the traditional dry stone walls, the typical grape varieties of the area are cultivated: the Frappato, the Nero d'Avola, the Cerasuolo di Vittoria and the Zibibbo. The production philosophy of Arianna Occhipinti is fiercely traditionalist and very respectful of the territory and nature: the use of green manuring in alternate rows, with only copper and sulfur, fermentations carried out in cement tanks with indigenous yeasts, no filtration and refinement in large toasting woods low or nothing. This is the work of Arianna Occhipinti, a 'natural woman' who draws strength and success from the earth, from passion and love for the territory. Arianna personally takes care of the entire production cycle, making use of her Milanese studies, from the vineyard, as an expert in agriculture, to the winery, as an expert oenologist, and has also established herself as a wise administrator and marketing expert. Its wines, known and appreciated all over the world, reflect the characters, the aromas and the peculiarities of the terroir in which the vineyards are immersed. Authentic, wild, but above all true wines: expression of one of the most charismatic producers of our peninsula.