Grappa di Barolo 42° Affinata Marchesi di Barolo with case
Grappa by Marchesi di Barolo has the characteristic aroma of Nebbiolo distillate with clear hints of toasted wood and vanilla due to aging in wood. Classic after-meal digestive, it gladly enlivens moments of relaxation alone or in company
- Grappa di Barolo 42 ° Affinata
- Grape variety
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Aging of wine
- After a full aging for no less than 12 months in small 225 liter French oak barrels (allier, troncais), it is reduced to 42 ° and bottled
- Serving temperature
- 16-18 °C
- Classic after-meal digestive, it gladly enlivens moments of relaxation alone or in company
- 0,70 l.
- Antique golden yellow with bright amber reflections
- Characteristic of the Nebbiolo distillate with clear hints of toasted wood and vanilla due to aging in wood
In the heart of the Langhe, protected by gentle hills, is the winery of the Marquises of Barolo, whose history dates back to 1807, the year in which Carlo Tancredi Falletti married the French noblewoman Juliette Colbert of Maulévrier. The latter was the first that understood the potential of the Nebbiolo grape which, if well vinified and long refined in wood, offers powerful and austere wines, able to last and evolve over time. Detected at the end of the nineteenth century by Pietro Abbona, the estate, currently managed by the grandson of Pietro himself, Ernesto Abbona, can count on an immense legacy of about 65 hectares, from which great quality wines are born, destined to enrich season after season the story of a large cellar. Taking advantage of the favorable microclimatic conditions and the exceptional peculiarities of the territory, extraordinarily aromatic, pure and concentrated grapes are grown and harvested, which in the cellar are best interpreted by the now historical human experience. This is how labels with an unmistakable style come to life, strictly faithful to the terroir of belonging, wonderful interpreters of the diversity of the places and the typicality of the native vines.