Faro 2011 Palari DOC
- Sicilia DOC
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- Nerello, cappuccio, nocera , acitana, tignolino, galatena, calabrese
- Traditional in red, fermentations in small stainless steel vats with thermal conditioning of the fermentation and maceration process
- 13,50% vol.
- Ageing potential
- From 5 to 10 years, in particular vintages even beyond
- Serving temperature
- 18 °C
- It goes well with roasted or casserole meat dishes with Mediterranean aromas, game and game and aged cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red with garnet reflections tending with time to the brick
- Ample and intense with notes of jasmine, cardamom and ripe red fruits on a spicy combined background of vanilla and noble wood
- Dry, velvety and enveloping, you can feel the sweetness of tannins, long and persistent sensations
Palari is unanimously recognized as the "Lighthouse of the Lighthouse", thanks to the courage and stubbornness of the patron Salvatore Geraci. In the splendid Sicilian Villa Geraci of 1700, home of the Palari winery, the production of Faro since 1989, ancient and noble Messina wine made from Nerello Mascalese grapes, was resumed, with the aim of finding, together with the aid of the most modern techniques , that quality that made the Lighthouse famous in the wine world. In the district of Palari, in Santo Stefano Brig di Messina, the vineyards of the winery extend to a kilometer and a half from the sea, with native vines with names as old as they are fascinating for what they evoke: nerello, nocera, tignolino cap, core'e palumba , acitana, galatena, calabrese, and others still, all grapes that enter the disciplinary for the production of the Faro Doc. The vineyards are bred to sapling on very steep sandy soils, with vines of age up to 80 years. In the Palari winery, the maturation times and the use of the barriques are expertly controlled by Salvatore Geraci himself, who does not use clarification and filtration processes. In addition to the flagship product of the winery, the Faro shows great elegance and is also the result of the Rosso del Soprano. Palari wines are truly original and courageous products that have re-launched a DOC and a territory like few others have managed to do.