Eruzione 1614 Planeta 2016 IGT
Eruzione 1614 by Planeta is an IGT red wine produced with 100% nerello mascalese grapes in Sicily. It shows a ruby red color and a fragrance of wild fruit; the taste is tannic with a lingering finish
- Eruzione 1614
- IGT Sicilia
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- 870 mt s.l.
- Type of soil
- The soils have perfect exposure and position, blacks due to lava sands, and for this reason extraordinarily rich in minerals. Around woods and more recent lava flows, in a timeless atmosphere
- System of cultivation
- Counter-espalier, sapling and guyot
- Harvest Time
- Between the second and third decade of October
- Yield per hectare
- 50 q.ls/ha
- First year of production
- The grapes, collected in the box, are immediately refrigerated at 10 ° C, then selected by hand. After crushing and destemming, they ferment at 25 ° for 12 days with two pumpovers a day. After about 18 days they are pressed with a vertical press
- 13,50% vol.
- Serving temperature
- 14-16 °C
- Excellent with grilled meats, game and mature cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Bright and transparent ruby red
- Hints of red fruit in alcohol, rose, oriental spices and beeswax
- Typical tannins of freshly blended nerello from aging in wood
HISTORY AND COMPANY
Planeta is the symbol of a Sicily that has been able to re-launch itself to the great, of a Sicily that looks at the horizon of the sunny coasts and the wild nature of the hinterland. It was born only in 1995, but in a few years it has been able to carve out a leading role in the world of wine, merit of foresight and passion, work in the vineyard and ability to communicate the poetry hidden in each bottle. The Planeta family, of ancient Spanish origin, over the course of 17 generations, that is from 1525 to today, has committed itself to the enhancement of Sicilian wine excellence, ending up with the great and modern productive reality that we know today, an absolute protagonist of the Renaissance Sicilian wine. With the ambitious project "Planeta Terra" the winery has also engaged in an important path of environmental sustainability, aimed at defining an eco-compatible protocol to be communicated not only to the productive realities, but also to the consumer. It would be impossible to represent such a multi-faceted region from just one production area. For this reason the Planeta winery has six different estates in six different areas of Sicily: Sambuca di Sicilia and Menfi (Agrigento), Vittoria (Ragusa), Noto (Siracusa), Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania) and Capo Milazzo (Messina). From so different soils and climatic conditions can only be born totally different wines, which tell different souls of the same region: thus Planeta can combine typical vines such as Carricante or Fiano with excellent Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon, in order to tell the story and the traditions of the whole of Sicily, bringing in the glass the poetry and the bewitching beauty of this land that transmits to the wines faceted and at the same time fascinating characteristics.