Conegliano Valdobbiadene Carpenè Malvolti Prosecco Superiore DOCG
- Prosecco DOCG 1868 Extra Dry
- Sparkling wine
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Conegliano and Valdobbiadene
- Grape variety
- 200-300 meters s.l.
- South / Southeast
- Serving temperature
- 6-8 °C
- Excellent as an aperitif, matches perfectly with light Mediterranean dishes. Excellent also in cocktails
- 0,75 l.
- Straw yellow with greenish nuances
- Very fine and persisting, conveying a livly and elegant feeling
- Very delicate and fruity, with an aroma of apple
- Fruity, soft and dry at the same time thanks to its typical acidity
A unique territory, with high hills and steep slopes covered with vineyard, so special that it has been recently nominated for entering the World Heritage list.
The bond between territory and product is strong and the Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Registred and Certified Designation of Origin does not simply indicate the production area: It is an integral part of the wine's identity.
"The old wine growers of the DOCG area are the soul of Prosecco"
Carpenè' tradition rewards and appreciates the hard work in the rows of vines on the hills. The hands of vine growes are marked by the daily toil in the vineyards that have to be protected fron insects and adverse climatica conditions.
The School of Oenology
The birth and flourishing of the School of Oenology is strictly tied to the Carpenè family: Antonio and Giovanni Battista Cerletti laid the foundations for the first Italian School of Oenology in COnegliano. The School was founded on 9th July 1876 with a Royal Decree of King Vittorio Emanuele II and Cerletti was appointed its director: The present building of the institute, opened on 24th September 1924, was designed by engineer Bernardo Carpenè.