Cometa Fiano 2017 Planeta Sicilia Menfi DOC
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Grape variety
- Fiano 100%
- System of cultivation
- Counter-espalier, Spurred cordon
- Plant density
- 4500 plants per hectare
- Yield per hectare
- 65 quintals, 1.5 kg per plant
- First year of production
- Trellis. Spurred cordon ...
- Ageing potential
- Wine to drink immediately or to be kept for a few years
- Fish tartare, asparagus cream, ravioli with ricotta cheese, duck breast with porcini mushrooms
- 0,75 l.
- Straw yellow with evident green reflections
- Intense and enveloping On the remarkable aroma
- Elegant and fat at the same time It dynamically moves between soft alcoholic sensations and austere sea coast fragrances. Finale rich in retronasal aromas and varietal nuances that lead to a remarkable persistence
HISTORY AND COMPANY
Planeta is the symbol of a Sicily that has been able to re-launch itself to the great, of a Sicily that looks at the horizon of the sunny coasts and the wild nature of the hinterland. It was born only in 1995, but in a few years it has been able to carve out a leading role in the world of wine, merit of foresight and passion, work in the vineyard and ability to communicate the poetry hidden in each bottle. The Planeta family, of ancient Spanish origin, over the course of 17 generations, that is from 1525 to today, has committed itself to the enhancement of Sicilian wine excellence, ending up with the great and modern productive reality that we know today, an absolute protagonist of the Renaissance Sicilian wine. With the ambitious project "Planeta Terra" the winery has also engaged in an important path of environmental sustainability, aimed at defining an eco-compatible protocol to be communicated not only to the productive realities, but also to the consumer. It would be impossible to represent such a multi-faceted region from just one production area. For this reason the Planeta winery has six different estates in six different areas of Sicily: Sambuca di Sicilia and Menfi (Agrigento), Vittoria (Ragusa), Noto (Siracusa), Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania) and Capo Milazzo (Messina). From so different soils and climatic conditions can only be born totally different wines, which tell different souls of the same region: thus Planeta can combine typical vines such as Carricante or Fiano with excellent Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon, in order to tell the story and the traditions of the whole of Sicily, bringing in the glass the poetry and the bewitching beauty of this land that transmits to the wines faceted and at the same time fascinating characteristics.