Chianti Classico 2014 Castello dei Rampolla
- Chianti Classico
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 95% Sangiovese, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aging of wine
- In barrique for 12 months and in bottle for 4 months
- Serving temperature
- 18-20 °C
- Excellent with grilled red meats, poultry, roasted white and red meats and legume soups, but also goes well with Parmigiano Reggiano and other aged cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Intense ruby red
- Intense, rich and persistent with hints of raspberries and blackberries
- Full, warm, pleasant and balanced
The land on which the Castello dei Rampolla Farm is located has been owned by the family since 1739. So much history has passed through these lands, but ours began in the mid-sixties with the dream of a man, Alceo di Napoli Rampolla. The dream is to create a great wine. After a few years of production the first bottlings arrive with the 1975 vintage. It is a Chianti Classico, in a period in which the Chianti Classico is struggling to establish itself and gain the respect it deserves. Alceo therefore has an intuition, and decides, together with the help of the great winemaker Giacomo Tachis, to be the first in the area to plant Cabernet Sauvignon, and to cut it with Sangiovese. Thus the first revolution took place in the company, a few years after its birth.