Chardonnay Impronta del Fondatore 2017 Santa Margherita DOC
The Chardonnay Impronta del Fondatore is a wine with a straw-yellow color, floral and fresh fruit aromas and a delicate flavor. The wine is obtained through white vinification with soft pressing of the grapes and ferments in stainless steel for 8-10 days at a controlled temperature of 16-18 ° C
- Chardonnay Impronta del Fondatore
- Alto Adige DOC
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Trentino Alto Adige
- Grape variety
- 300-600 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Fluvial-morenic origin of medium mixture with skeleton
- System of cultivation
- Pergola trentina and spurred cordon
- Harvest Time
- Second half of September
- This wine is obtained through white vinification, with soft pressing of hand-harvested grapes and fermentation in stainless steel for 8-10 days at a controlled temperature of 16-18 °C
- Aging of wine
- On the lees for a few weeks to increase the expressive richness and appropriate period of maturation in the bottle
- 12,50% vol.
- Recommended glass
- Medium-sized tulip with reclining mouth
- Serving temperature
- 10-12 °C
- Excellent as an aperitif but also perfect with appetizers and first courses based on fish or pasta
- 0,75 l.
- Straw yellow
- Floral and fruity
- Fresh and lively
Santa Margherita represents the starting point of the Santa Margherita Wine Group, founded by Count Gaetano Marzotto in 1935, which gradually developed into a real “wine making mosaic” with its own wineries and vineyards in some of Italy's most beautiful regions: Eastern Veneto, the Conegliano-Valdobbiadene hills, Alto Adige, Lombardy with Franciacorta an Lugana, Tuscany with Chianti Classico and Maremma, Sicily and Sardinia. Indissolubly linked to its icon wine – Pinot Grigio, ancestor of an entire generation of new Italian white wines, market leader for more than fifty years, distributed in 90 countries – Santa Margherita made its ability to innovate, its managerial structure, its technological development, its quality and sustainability – environmental and social – its distinctive traits. There are actually two constants at the centre of our daily routine: the vineyard and men. The Villanova winery – the true "heart“ of a “new city” created out of nothing in a modern system of corporate welfare – has been at the centre of an important reinterpretation operation in recent years and is today completely energy self-sufficient.