Chardonnay 2017 Paolo Leo IGT
Chardonnay by Paolo Leo is a white IGT wine produced in Puglia. It presents itself with a fruity aroma and a dry, harmonious flavor, perfect to combine with salad, fried fish, shellfish, seafood appetizers, light soups or simply as an aperitif
- Chardonnay IGT
- Vino bianco
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Salento: municipalities in the province of Brindisi
- Grape variety
- System of cultivation
- A spinal cord with spurred cordon
- Grape harvest is done in the early hours of dawn. Pressing and subsequent pressing with soft presses. Fermentation of must with selected yeasts at 15 ° C for about 10 days
- Aging of wine
- 4 months in steel and 1 month in bottle. The wine is ready for consumption 6-7 months after the harvest
- 12,50% vol.
- Total acidity
- 5,95 g/l
- Serving temperature
- 8-10 °C
- It goes well with salad, fish fries, mollusks, sea hors d'oeuvres, light soups. Fresh also good as an aperitif
- 0,75 l.
- Straw yellow
- Fresh, fruity
- Dry, delicate, harmonious, pleasantly acidic, fruity, which remains long in the mouth
Paolo Leo's is a family-run winery that was born in 1989 in the heart of Salento, in Puglia. The winery bears the name of its founder, fourth generation of winemakers, and, thanks to the professionalism and experience gained over the years, has managed to establish itself internationally.The vineyard of Paolo Leo extends for 25 hectares on tufaceous and calcareous soils in the territory of the municipality of San Donaci, with espalier plants of about 15 years and a sapling of over 40 years. The mainly cultivated vines are the autochthonous ones of the Salento area: Primitivo, Negroamaro, Malvasia Bianca and Nera di Lecce.The style of the winery is modern and dynamic, but still respecting the ancient tradition: the bottling process is completely automated and guarantees the traceability of every single bottle, allowing in this way to accurately trace the vine from which the wine comes .Paolo Leo produces high quality wines, elegant and fine, and that at the same time reflect in their body the smells, flavors and character of the land of origin.