Cabochon 2012 Franciacorta Monte Rossa DOCG
Cabochon by Monte Rossa is a DOCG sparkling wine with a bright yellow color and complex aroma; the taste is very elegant, very persistent and balanced
- Franciacorta DOCG
- Sparkling wine
- Type of soil
- Morainic - glacial
- System of cultivation
- Spurred cordon 70 cm from the ground with Guyot pruning
- Type of harvest
- Selection of grapes in the vineyard and manual harvesting in boxes
- Yield per hectare
- 95 q.ls/ha
- Soft grapes pressing with selection of the best part of the grapes for no more than 48% of the yield Each cru is vinified in purity The wine is fermented in 250 liter oak barrels between September and February
- Aging of wine
- In bottle for a period of over 40 months
- 12,00% vol.
- 0,75 l.
- Bright and intense golden yellow
- Fine and very persistent
- Complex, fine and intense
- Elegant, very persistent and balanced
THE STORY OF MONTE ROSSA
Historical winery of Franciacorta where the rural tradition merged harmoniously with technology and where the artisan care and the passionate pursuit of excellence are managed with commitment and entrepreneurial mentality, without compromise. It was 1972 when the entrepreneur Paolo Rabotti with the precious support of his wife Paola embarked on the path of viticulture. An inspired and farsighted choice that today is carried out with enthusiasm and innovative spirit by his son Emanuele. The history of Monte Rossa is dotted with strategically winning decisions: like that of abandoning for the first time the road of still wines in search of excellence in Franciacorta that of investing with determination in technology and the continuous research and experimentation that characterize the winery. Today Monte Rossa governs 70 hectares of vineyards. The various positions of the crus on different soils and exposures contribute to widening the aromatic heritage of the grapes, so as to compose cuvées rich in structure and complexity. The production of the winery is around 500,000 bottles per year.