Brunello di Montalcino Castello Banfi
The classic production of Banfi di Montalcino in Tuscany. This Brunello is obtained by careful clonal selection of Sangiovese grapes, aged in both large barrels and French oak barriques. The wine that comes out is a rare example of perfection and balance between tradition and oenological modernity. Stylish, powerful, well-structured and loaded. Enjoyable from now on but also perfect for a long aging in the right conditions of storage.
- Brunello of Montalcino
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Grape variety
- 220 meters s.l.
- Type of soil
- Yellowish brown color, sandy topsoil, calcareous with abundant rounded stone
- System of cultivation
- Cordon spurred
- Plant density
- 2400/4400 plants/ha
- Yield per hectare
- 65 q.li/ha
- First year of production
- The meticulous selection of the grapes follows the vinification with the maceration of the skins acontrolled temperature in combination steel and Horizon wood, which lasts about 10 - 12 days. The wine matures for 2 years for 50% in French oak barrels (60-90 hl) and 50% in French oak barrels (3.5 hl); in this period you dothey perform scrupulous controls until bottled refining lasting for 8-12 months
- Gambero Rosso
- 3 glasses
- 5 bunch of grapes
- It is particularly suitable for accompanying red meat, game, seasoned cheeses. Long-aging wine
- 0,75 l.
- Intense ruby red with garnet reflections
- Ethereal, with broad bouquet, slightly vanilla
- Full, soft, velvety and intense, with liquorice, spice and light goudron feel
Banfi was born in 1978 thanks to the will of the Italian-American brothers John and Harry Mariani. From the beginning the two brothers planned a large-scale project, integrating a quality wine production with a modern wine cellar with the aim of always maintaining the high quality level of the wines produced. Alongside the Mariani family, Ezio Rivella, one of the greatest Italian winemakers, who immediately believes that due to the rich nature of the soil and the privileged microclimatic position, the territories acquired would have great potential for development. In those years, the brothers John and Harry also took over the historic Piedmontese wine company Bruzzone, active since 1860 and specialized in the production of sparkling wines, to make it the Piedmontese brand of the group, today Banfi Piemonte.
Conceived to preserve the integrity and richness of the grapes to the maximum, the winery now uses the most advanced technologies, the result of revolutionary technical experiments. It is in this philosophy, based on continuous research, that numerous projects created by the company are inserted among which the clonal selection studies of the Sangiovese, the searches on the wood, great protagonist in the process of refinement of the wine, and the realization of the new area of winemaking "Horizon". This last project, entirely conceived and developed within the company, consists of a series of measures and high-level solutions designed to improve every single step of the production process. The great work done in winemaking continues in the silence of the woods, where the great Banfi wines, mainly red, evolve and refine, over the years, their most distinctive characteristics of power, elegance and longevity. The more than 7000 barriques, arranged on orderly rows, and the large barrels, constitute the heart of Banfi, which palpitates in the silence and in the quiet of the nature that surrounds the Cellar.