Brunello di Montalcino 2013 Le Potazzine DOCG
Brunello di Montalcino by Le Potazzine is a DOCG red wine produced in Tuscany. It has a ruby red color and a broad aroma of undergrowth and dried fruit. The taste is austere, full but velvety, with prolonged persistence and intensity. Curiosities: the winery takes its name from the Tuscan term "Potazzine", which in Montalcino is used for the beautiful titmice, the small plump yellow-bellied birds that cheer up the Tuscan countryside with their flights and their melodious chirps
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Montalcino (SI)
- Grape variety
- 100% Sangiovese
- La Prata 500 meters s.l.m. - La Torre 320 meters s.l.m.
- La Prata Southeast - La Torre Southwest
- System of cultivation
- Unilateral spur pruning
- Plant density
- 5.952 plants/ha
- Yield per hectare
- 55-60 q.ls/ha
- Natural, without using yeasts
- The fermentation occurs spontaneously, only by means of the local yeasts, for ca. 28 - 30 days
- Aging of wine
- The wine ages slowly in 30/50 hl. casks for 38 - 40 months. Before its introduction on the market, wine refines in bottle for 10 - 12 months.
- 14,00% vol.
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red with garnet reflections
- Deep, intense, with hints of soft fruit aromas as well as ripe fruit in an elegant contrast
- Austere, round but velvety, with enduring intensity and persistence
Le Potazzine is made up of about five hectares of vineyards destined to produce Brunello wine. Three hectares are located near the cellar while the remaining vines which were planted in 1996, the same year that Sofia was born, are situated further south near Sant’Angelo in Colle at La Torre. The acquisition of this new piece of land allowed Giuseppe, enologist not only for the wine he produces but also consulting enologist for other wineries, to unite the elegance and the scents of the grapes already cultivated in the west at Le Prata near the cellar with those harvested further south. In this way he has been able to elaborate on his own personal approach to wine-making by producing wines which are distinguished by character and personality aiming for perfect balance.
The cellar of Le Potazzine is a recent construction built with utmost care underneath an old country home. The structure still maintains its rustic Tuscan characteristics and charm while keeping in harmony with the surrounding territory. With an overall size of 400 square meters, the winery is divided in two areas: the first area houses the stainless steel containers for the vinification process; in the second area, dedicated to ageing, the Slavonian oak barrels are arranged in different sizes. You can make reservation for visiting the winery and tasting the wines.