Brunello di Montalcino 2011 Casanova di Neri DOCG
Brunello di Montalcino by Casanova di Neri is a DOCG red wine produced in Tuscany. It has a ruby red color and a scent of marasca cherry, violet and red fruits. It is very fine in the mouth with a tannin that is still young but of excellent quality
- Brunello di Montalcino
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 100% Sangiovese (a Montalcino denominato 'Brunello')
- Type of harvest
- Harvest Time
- Dal 27 settembre al 5 ottobre
- Selection table for the bunches, destemming, table for selecting the grapes Filling of the fermentation vats by gravity
- 14,00% vol.
- Serving temperature
- 16-17 °C
- Excellent with red meats, game, braised meats and mature cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red with garnet reflections
- Hints of marasca cherry, violet and red fruits
- Great finesse in the mouth with a tannin that is still young but of excellent quality
In 1971 Giovanni Neri founded the Casanova di Neri winery after purchasing a vast estate in the Montalcino area. Giovanni's goal was simple and ambitious: to create a great Brunello di Montalcino starting from very suitable lands. Today, that Casanova di Neri has become a model cellar in Montalcino and its wines have gained international acclaim, it is their son Giacomo, his wife Enrichetta and their children to carry on the ambitious project of their father Giovanni. Casanova di Neri boasts a property of high quality vineyards that extend over 55 hectares, divided into 5 estates: Pietradonica, Le Centine, Cerretalto, Fiesole and Podernuovo. Each of these has its particular characteristics, both as a climatic position and as a type of terrain. The six labels of the winery reflect the vineyards from which they come. Great attention is paid to the vineyards, where nothing is left to chance and the methods adopted are strictly biological to absolutely respect nature. Enthusiasm, passion and competence are the principles that animate Giacomo, who built an underground cellar, designed so as not to need air conditioning. Casanova di Neri is a great name known in the world, an Italian excellence of which we must be absolutely proud!