Baldovino 2017 Montepulciano d'Abruzzo I Fauri DOC
Baldovino is a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC produced by I Fauri. It has a ruby red color and an intense aroma of berries and undergrowth. The taste is well balanced and good length, great to combine with grilled meat and first courses
- Montepulciano of Abruzzo DOC
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Production area (municipality)
- Ari (CH), Villamagna (CH)
- Grape variety
- Type of soil
- Medium-textured soil
- System of cultivation
- Plant density
- 1,600 plants / ha
- Yield per hectare
- 12 q.li/ha
- Bottles produced annually
- Destemming followed by at least 6 days of maceration on the skins with the must at 28/30 ° C
- Aging of wine
- Racking and aging in stainless steel for 5 months
- 13,00% vol.
- Ageing potential
- Wine to be appreciated when young
- Serving temperature
- 16-18 °C
- Best served with grilled meat and pasta dishes
- 0,75 l.
- Ruby red
- Fruits of red berry fruit, such as cherry, plum and black cherry, followed by light memories of spices and undergrowth
- Well balanced and of good length
Our winery is located in the heart of the province of Cheti, amid those hills that drop gently down from the Majella mountains to the sea.
Tenuta i Fauri is not simply the brand name of a company, it is first and foremost a family, dedicated to wine production for many years, testifying to this is the vaguely ethylic nickname that has accompanied us for generations, the mark of an ancient vocation: Baldovino.
A challenge and a way of life
These are the driving forces behind my father Domenico, frank and extrovert wine producer and we children, who from him have inherited the passion for ”making wine”, a mysterious art to be developed and refined.
The thirty-five hectares of vineyards, cultivated in a suggestive and happy geographic framework, produce sincere and elegant wines that lead back to the areas of origin and maintain unaltered the characteristics of the varieties.