Asinone 2016 Polizano Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG
- Nobile di Montepulciano Asinone
- Vino rosso
- Production area
- Grape variety
- 100% Sangiovese nelle annate migliori Nelle altre si aggiunge il 10% di Colorino e Merlot
- 350 meters s.l.
- Sud / Sud-ovest
- Type of soil
- Of clayey-silty nature with presence of skeleton
- Plant density
- 3000 ceppi/ha nella parte vecchia e 5000 nella parte nuova
- Type of harvest
- Manual in cassettes
- First year of production
- La fermentazione avviene in tini 'tronco-conici' di acciaio inox a temperatura controllata con follature integrate da rimontaggi Fermentazione e macerazione hanno una durata di 20-25 giorni
- Aging of wine
- 16-18 months in new French oak barrels
- Ageing potential
- 15 anni
- Perfect with meat sauce, game and aged cheeses
- 0,75 l.
- Brilliant ruby red
- Floral notes and hints of laurel and china
- Pleasantly tannic with coffee flavored aftertaste
THE BEGINNING: Poliziano, was born in 1961 when Dino Carletti bought the first 22-hectare nucleus moved by a romantic and passionate vision for his native land. The company has grown over the years to reach the current 170 hectares all planted with vineyards. His name is a tribute to the humanist and poet Angelo Ambrogini (1454-1494), called the "Poliziano".
PROFESSIONALISM Federico Carletti, son of Dino, completed his studies in agriculture and took over the management in 1980. He immediately made a professional and philosophical turn, studying and working only his own grapes ("Estate Winery"). Concentrated on quality viticulture, modern but respectful of the environment and tradition, it immediately obtains from the high density vineyards, a noble wine of great depth and quality. Quality Federico in pursuing quality and excellence in his wines has always renewed the techniques both in the countryside and in the cellar. In the 1990s international varieties were planted, but at the same time the local variety par excellence, the Sangiovese, which in the Montepulciano area is known as "Prugnolo Gentile", has been studied and exalted.
PRESENT AND FUTURE Strong of the great knowledge of the potential of the territory of Montepulciano, Federico, for almost twenty years now, focuses on the maximum exaltation and expression of the same in his wines; leaving that typicality and naturalness express themselves. For this reason he dedicated himself to the production of "cru" of great fame.
THIRD GENERATION The family passion for wine and the territory continues with Francesco and Maria Stella, who today act as Federico's key advisers to interpret and face current and future challenges.